Please send resumes to:
1900 S. Michiagn Ave. | Chicago, IL 60616
The HistoryMakers, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit African American video oral history archive, seeks to hire a full time Non Profit Web & Digital Content Manager who is skilled and results driven and can work as a one person team. The Digital Strategist will spearhead work with The HistoryMakers website(www.thehistorymakers.org), The HistoryMakers Digital Archive and social media to build a strong digital community. Prior experience supervising a Drupal CMS website, analyzing user experience data, initiating and leading effective digital projects, reporting on current and planned strategies, and ensuring that projects are executed on time and within budget and serving as an effective project manager a must. Ideal candidates for this position should be multimedia savvy, possess excellent writing skills in a humanities or education related environment and be able to steer our organization’s digital narrative and drive highly effective digital campaigns.
- Prior experience managing a Drupal or other CMS website.
- Serve as a strong project manager with internal and external team members and ensure that projects are well documented and delivered within budget and on time.
- Coordinate the design, deployment and maintenance of The HistoryMakers website and serve as the project manager to ensure site specifications/timelines are completed on time and within budget.
- Develop a social media and user engagement plan based on user audits.
- Write, edit, proofread and fact-check copy for brand, tone, audience, consistency and accuracy.
- Optimize SEO and research/engagement digital tools and interactive trends and map out optimization of digital assets.
- Drive value for The HistoryMakers and increase membership numbers and engagement.
- Respond to online inquiries, reviews and comments in real time as necessary in conjunction with The HistoryMakers’ standards.
- Maintain content calendar and implement and manage boosted post social media campaigns.
- Responsible for managing budgets for all assigned boosted post campaigns.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Degree in African American Studies, History, Communications and/or Marketing.
- Knowledge of Acrobat Professional, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Microsoft word and excel. Creative design skills a plus.
- Project management skills and demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills to include advanced use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop software programs including Java and HTML programming experience.
- Ability to identify, research, and solve problems and attention to detail.
- Strong oral ,written communication skills and deadline driven.
- Detail-oriented, strong proofreading skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of digital touch points.
- Understanding of web analytics and broad knowledge of best digital practices.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The HistoryMakers also offers a competitive benefits package that includes 403(b), PTO, health, vision and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement and school loan repayment assistance.