Please send resumes to:
1900 S. Michiagn Ave. | Chicago, IL 60616
The HistoryMakers seeks to hire a full or part time NonProfit HR Recruiter to oversee the successful recruitment over the next 12 months of a full spectrum of positions in the following areas: development/fundraising, database/IT, executive support, research, production, communications, education and archives. The Recruiter is accountable for advertising vacancies utilizing creative sourcing and marketing strategies, actively sourcing and screening candidates, developing strong and comprehensive candidate pipelines, creating target candidate profiles, checking references using all methods including social media and making recommendations on hires. This position will work closely with The HistoryMakers’ Founder & President and Chief of Staff and be responsible for supporting various areas within the organization as needed and performing other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Three years of experience supporting full cycle recruitment activities.
- High-level proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience with candidate sourcing and pipeline development.
- Manage full life cycle recruitment activities.
- Make recommendations on creative and cost-effective sourcing channels to identify candidates.
- Source active and passive candidates through a variety of channels including networking, LinkedIn, job fairs, cold calling, internet searches, marketing, social media, etc.
- Screen resumes, conduct prescreening interviews and final interviews.
- Conduct reference checks and perform education verifications.
- Ensure payroll paperwork is completed and submitted.
- Support training and on-boarding activities for new hires.
- Develop and document comprehensive resources for all phases of the recruitment life cycle.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with colleges, universities and professional organizations to develop and maintain an active pipeline of applicants.
- Develop ongoing relationships with active and passive candidates.
- Develop ongoing relationships with active staff in the organization for career advancement.
- High level of effective communication
- Team player
- Results driven
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Effective relationship building
- Excellent customer service